Directory of Resources and Links: Workplace Bullying
Welcome to my list of links to workplace bullying resources. Check back often, as I add new information whenever I find additional resources or meet other qualified professionals who specialize in this area.
Please note: These links lead you to helpful information and specialists in the field of workplace bullying. While I work closely with many of the people and organizations listed below, I do not assume responsibility for the content, claims, or representations they may make. It is up to you to assess the fit between the resources provided and your own needs.
Online Resources for Targets
- The Workplace Bullying Institute (WBI) is the sole United States organization dedicated to the eradication of workplace bullying through a combination of public education, research, help for individuals, employer solutions, and legislative advocacy.
- Learn about the wide range of WBI services just for targets.
- Watch educational videos and tutorials on the WBI YouTube Channel.
- Find helpful books about workplace bullying here.
- Visit the American Psychological Association’s resource page on workplace bullying.
- Join an online support group hosted by the Workplace Bullying Institute.
- David Yamada Ω writes a smart, helpful, must-read blog dedicated to news and commentary about work, workplace bullying, employment and labor law, and psychologically healthy work environments. David Yamada is a tenured law professor and an internationally recognized authority on the legal aspects of workplace bullying. He authored the model anti-bullying legislation (the Healthy Workplace Bill) that has become the template for law reform efforts across the country.
- Janice Gilligan White Ω began a personal blog about workplace bullying after experiencing and healing from the experience. To follow her journey, you can visit her at theempoweredemployee.com
- Do you think workplace bullying should be illegal? Get involved with the Healthy Workplace Bill legislative campaign to enact state laws to help protect employees from abusive workplace environments!
Professionals Providing Direct Assistance to Targets
The Ω symbol denotes the individual is a graduate of Workplace Bullying University
- I (Jessi Eden Brown Ω) provide professional, confidential coaching by phone to targets of workplace bullying in the U.S. and worldwide. Learn more on my website and at WBI. Residents of Colorado and Washington States are welcome to explore the option of counseling/therapy with me as well.
- Dr. Beth Plachetka Ω is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with extensive experience in the educational field. Her research focuses on identifying symptoms of workplace bullying and providing intervention and support for targets. She participates in ongoing training to address researches organizational solutions to improve work relationships and facilitate change. Her services include organizational development for companies and coaching for individuals. Beth has specialized training and interest in bullying within school systems. Visit her website at safeharboril.com
- Cindy Crane Ω started the business, Seekardia, in part to address bullying issues. She has more than 20 years experience as a pastor and chaplain. Cindy resides in Wisconsin and is available for coaching with individuals who have been targeted for bullying.
- Dr. Peggy Ann Berry Ω is a Licensed RN. She researches organizational solutions to create physical and psychosocial safety. Her services include organizational development for companies and coaching for individuals. Peggy has specialized training and interest in bullying within healthcare organizations.
- In Canada? Dr. Gail Eastman Ω is a Registered Psychologist in Medicine Hat, Alberta. Gail offers counseling for workplace bullying, trauma, and couples counseling. She also instructs numerous workshops including workplace bullying and workplace violence.
- In Canada? Linda Crockett MSW, RSW, SEP, CCPA Ω is known for pioneering the first and only full-service workplace harassment, bullying, and violence resource center in Canada! Linda has 34 years of experience in her profession of social work which includes 12 years in this specialized area. She offers a wide range of services for all professions and industries – including trauma informed consultations, coaching, and training for leadership, staff, adult students, or others, and a repair and recovery clinic for complainants, witnesses, and respondents.
- In Canada? Niki Bledin Ω helps clients navigate workplace bullying situations. In school settings, she provides students with anti-bullying strategies through the peacemaking circle process dialogue. Her work with PeaceBuilders International and volunteer efforts in the field of domestic violence round out her focus on promoting safe, healthy, and peaceful communities in Ontario, Canada.
Resources for Employers and Organizations
- Drs. Gary and Ruth Namie established the Work Doctor® consulting firm in 1985 and delivered a variety of business consulting services until 1998. Since then, the firm has worked exclusively on employer solutions to correct and prevent workplace bullying. The Namies’ professional background, consulting experience, and unwavering focus on workplace bullying give them an unrivaled, comprehensive perspective of the phenomenon which they introduced to the U.S.
- Workplace Bullying University is the most authoritative and comprehensive professional training available in North America on the topic of workplace bullying. The course is well-suited for HR, unions, clinicians, trainers, legislators, management, attorneys, educators, and other professionals.
- The APA offers helpful resources for employers seeking to understand and address workplace bullying.
- Cindy Crane Ω leads seminars and trainings on workplace bullying for organizations in Wisconsin through Seekardia.
- In Canada? OOPS Inc.™ is a one-stop shop for all things Respectful Workplace. Their team includes educators, facilitators, mediators, investigators, violence experts, HR and communications specialists, and professional coaches working together to deliver an integrated solution to conflict in the workplace. Cheryl Otto Ω is the founder of OOPS Inc.
|In the Client’s Words…
“Thank you so much for your advice and support. You have such helpful information and kind words of wisdom. You are a wonderful resource. Good luck with all you are doing, it’s so unfortunately needed.” — Target of Workplace Bullying
|In the Client’s Words…
“Your comments allowed me to take a step back from my so familiar environment and see that the structure I am working with lacks most resources for support. I really could take this in today. Thank you for all your constructive and practical suggestions.” — Target of Workplace Bullying